Friday, March 30, 2012

ANGEL EYES

HAPPY FRIDAY !!!!

Today is going to be a fun day hopping. Susana Loves Stamps is presenting the EYES OF DREAMS and the EYES OF BEAUTY COLLECTIONS.

You should have arrived here from Sandie's blog. Her work is just amazing.

I would like to introduce you to ANGEL EYES from the EYES OF BEAUTY COLLECTION. I just love the little heart on her face.

When I sit down to color her I thought of so many different ways then decided on Red, White and Blue. By using these colors I can use the card for Birthday, Just Because, Memorial Day, July 4th, or whatever the occasion calls for.

The beautiful background paper is AUTHENTIQUE - GENUINE . The red hearts were cut using the MEMORY BOX - TWIRLED HEART BORDER. Then instead of using leaves I used the MEMORY BOX - ELEGANT SCROLLWORK for a different look. By the way, SUSANA has in all the new MEMORY BOX DIES. The flower between the two red ones is actually a pretty denim blue but the camera wouldn't pick it up any lighter. I applied some STICKLES on her belt and wings. To make her shirt sparkly (but not too much) I used A very light coat of DECOART GLAMOUR DUST - CRYSTAL. This paint is wonderful and if you use one coat it is really sparkly, but you can another coat and it gets even more sparkly. To finish it off I used some ribbon and hearts from my stash. Click on any of the pictures to enlarge.

Now to continue on to see some more amazing projects, please go to Lorraine's blog. She has another gorgeous project.

These stamps go on sale today at SCACD and for my International Friends you can purchase them at QUIXOTIC PAPERIE.

Have a wonderful weekend!

HUGS,

9 comments:

Unknown said...

great card!

Lou Mac said...

This is gorgeous - love the red, white and blue combo!! xo

Lorraine said...

Love your red/white/blue card, Dianne! Your coloring of the new sweetie is beautiful and love all the embellishing/detailing on your card, too!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh this is DELIGHTFUL! Love the red, white and blue, the bows with the hearts - This makes me smile - WELL DONE!

Lori Aragon said...

Oh Dianne, I LOVE how you've colored and framed this cutie! The red white and blue is wonderful!!!
Have a great weekend ♥

Crystal said...

Oh my word this is AWESOME Dianne, LOVE LOVE your colors and design on this!!!!!

Danni said...

What a pretty card! Fun to see the reds and blues!

Donalda said...

This is just beautiful dear. Love it

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Dianne - Red and blue- PERFECT! A great 'feel' created with this one and the hearts die cut...AWESOME!