Friday, February 24, 2012

CRYSTAL ROSE

Good Morning !!! It's Friday. (YAY) I hope all of you had a wonderful week and have a fun weekend planned.

This week I have created a card out of my comfort zone. I have some beautiful CRAFTERS WORKSHOP STENCILS, but cannot always figure out a way to use them. Well, this week one of my crafty DT members has done a tutorial here that you must see. So, thought I would give it a try.

First, the beautiful image is CRYSTAL ROSE from the FAIRYLICIOUS COLLECTION by VICTORIA CASE FOR SCACD.

Now to the card. First, I stamped my image and masked her. There is a great tutorial on masking here. Then used the CRAFTERS WORKSHOP STENCIL - BUTTERFLY MEADOW and adjusted the placement as needed. This is the first time I have used a stencil and an airbrush. It was definitely something new for me, but I really like the idea of using stencils for backgrounds. I plan on playing some more to see what I can come up with. She is colored with COPICS and her wings are accented with STICKLES.

This angle shows the sparkle from the embellishments and the dimension.

Just a reminder the tutorial for using stencils is on the store blog. Please be sure and check it out.

NEW ITEMS IN STOCK: While you are at the store look around and see all the cool stuff.

Bo Bunny 6 x 6 Paper
Echo Park 6 x 6 Paper
Claudine Hellmuth Studio Kit

Have a Wonderful Weekend!!

HUGS,

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Beautiful card and cool design, Dianne! Love the scene you created with airbrushing & stencils!

Unknown said...

really fab and vibrant very summery card..really glad you did all that because the end result is brilliant hugs sassyx

Alexandra Lundgren said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOVE it! What a GREAT job and the scene is so perfect!