Tuesday, December 7, 2010

HANG ON !!

Did everyone have a nice weekend? It turned really cold here, but no snow. I just love this image with the little penguin holding on. They look like they are having so much snow fun. The image is "I've Got Your Back" from the Victoria Case Winter Hearts and Hugs Set. I think this may be my favorite one of the set.

I am entering this project in the following challenges:

Let's Ink It Up - Christmas - Twist add sparkle/bling
One Stitch at a Time - Old Stash New Stash - Old (tin) New (Stamp)
Paper Sundaes - Gift It
Pile It On - It's all in the wrapping
Creative Inspirations - Christmas Gifts
Crafts & Me - Dreaming of a White Christmas


I found this tin with a plastic lid in my stash and decided to alter it. My granddaughter wants me to bring her some Puppy Chow when I go to Colorado in a couple of weeks and this was just perfect to store it in. The image is colored with Copics and accented with Stickles. Since the lid is plastic it was a little bit of a challenge doing the snow. I first painted it on with acrylic paint and then added Polar White Flower Soft with a little Doodlebug Glitter Sugar Coating - Lily White.

The snowflakes were really a challenge. The plastic on the lid is super smooth and slippery so I had a little trouble getting my tape to hold down the stencil. However, I used the Crafters Workshop - Flurries and for the first time I used the Viva Modeling Creme - Pearl Light Blue with a little of the Glitter. This creme is really really nice and goes on so smooth and easy. My snowflakes would have been better if my tape would have held better, but that's okay. I used green tissue paper in the tin because of the reflection of the lid.

Now, before I go Susana has a fantastic NEW PRODUCT in stock. It is the New Sew Easy Tool for those who do not want to sew. The attachment tools are also available.

Thank you for stopping by and please check out the other DT projects here on the store blog. Also, don't forget to check Facebook for store specials.

Have a Wonderful Week !!

Hugs,

11 comments:

crafty amy said...

Awe this is so cute that is going to look brilliant on the box :D
Thank you for joining us at crafts and me and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Josephine said...

That's a fabulous image - so cheerful too - and a lovely finished project.

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

Cor* said...

Well done. Perfect gift! Great image. Thanks for showing us your Christmas gift creation at Creative Inspirations this week !

Shirl said...

Very clever I think the image is beautiful and fun the tin is just right to store the puppy chow in. Thanks for sharing with us at Let's Ink It Up.
Hugs Shirley x x

Unknown said...

Fabulous project, love the cute stamp. Thanks for joining us at LIIU. Suzanne x

jaine drake said...

What a cute tin and such a good idea. Thanks for entering the challenge at creative inspirations.

Paddington fan said...

Great image and fab project!
Thanks for joining our old stash / new stash challenge at OSAAT this week and good luck, love Jacky x

Alica said...

so pretty! What a wonderful gift idea!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Claire said...

Gorgeous! That stamp is so cute ! Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck
Claire xx

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

This is a truly sweet and lovely project! Thank you for joining us at the LIIU and good luck!

Dragonlady said...

What a great christmas scene, thanks fo rplaying at LIIU.

Hugs Ali x