Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Table Setting for TIOT

Good Morning!

It's Try It out Tuesday !! Our challenge this week was to make something for the table. It could be a centerpiece, menu, place setting card or whatever you could dream and create. I decided to stamp on a napkin and make a napkin ring along with a place card.

I have never stamped and colored on fabric before so this was a first for me. I stamped with Momento ink and colored with Copics. Basically, I found it is the same as coloring on cardstock except you only dab it on. With the napkin being gold, the color is not as vibrant as I would like, but it turned out okay. I used a nice Cornucopia stamp by Lockhart from SCACD. These stamps always stamp really crisp. I cut the napkin ring with a scalloped edge and then glued on a straight band of another paper and applied the colored stamp. The images on the napkin ring and place card were colored with Copics then I applied Crystal Effects on the fruit to give it a nice shiny appearance.

The place is simple. I cut a 5 x 4 1/4 piece of cardstock, cut a coordination paper 4 1/2 x 3 3/4 and stitched around the edges. Then, cut the name out and glue it on and added glitter dots finish it off.

Please check out the other DT members projects. With the holidays just around the corner, you might find one you would like to try.

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate it.


5 comments:

Beautiful Greetings said...

Very cute Dianne! I love the idea of stamping on fabric but have never tried it. Making Napkins is a wonderful idea.

Edith said...

Great job Dianne! I love the colors! Wonderful idea!

Suzanne J Dean said...

This is an absolutely beautiful set Dianne! Just gorgeous & fabulously done! Isn't stamping/coloring on fabric fun--I love it! Wonderful work!

hugz,
Suzanne

Danni said...

This is wonderful! You really did an amazing job on this challenge, I really struggled!!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

This is so great! I would think coloring on that cloth would be hard! Great job!
I also got the candy in the mail...posted about it here. http://craft-princess.blogspot.com/2009/10/more-goodies-in-mail.html

Thanks again! :)
-Stacie