Thursday, July 9, 2009

SWEET SWEET MAGGIE

These sweet images are digis from Digital Delights. This is my first time to use digis and they were so much fun. You can size them, emboss them, and color however you want. I used two digis - Maggie and Maggie background. Check out Wendy's digis. She has some really awesome ones. The paper is SEI and CTMH. I made this card for the Friday Sketchers challenge, Creative Card Crew challenge, Simon Says challenge and Creative Inspirations challenge.

I painted the flowers and clouds with shimmerez. The picture does not capture the shimmering of the clouds. If you click on the picture you can see her vest and hair bows are paper pieced. The dragonfly is a metal embellishments and I have added gems.

The images are colored with Copics and some are accented with shimmerez. I paper toled the images for a 3D dimension. Maggie was colored and popped up three times.


The inside is finished out with a MS punch and a stamped flower. The flower is colored with copics and accented with a Spica pen. It is popped up once.

Please let me know what you think of this card. Your comments inspire me and motivate me to contine. Please email if you have any questions.

Thank you for looking.

14 comments:

Beautiful Greetings said...

Dianne, this is gorgeous! I love this digi from Wendy and you really made her shine. Great job!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Dianne!
Love what you did with Wendy's digi!
Lots of layers and details on this one!
Very saweet!!!
Hugs!

Sinikka said...

What a lovely card. Cute digi and a wonderful scene. I openend the larger image and could see the shimmerez on the clouds and the flowers. LOVE IT!!!!
So now I have to look for some shimmerez too. LOL
Nice that you made the scene in 3d and also a nice inside.
Hugs Sinikka

Shauna K said...

Ooooh, I totally love the coordinated inside! :D

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card ! :-)I love the image and the background ( I have these :-)) fabulous layout and the papers and colours you used are perfect !! :-) Love the paper piecing :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
Lorraine and the DT x

Happy Crafter said...

Hi Dianne, Your card is gorgeous i love the pop up its brill and Maggie is so cute, i love what you have done with the ribbon too its very inspiring looking at your creations thank you for sharing them :)
Hugzz Val xxx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

A gorgeous card Dianne. Fab use of the shimmerz on the clouds. I love the scene and that ribbon is just delicious. Thanks for joining the CCC challenge.
Sharon xx

Wendy Hall said...

Dianne, this is great and I luuuuuv what you have done with Maggie/background!! I have some shimmerz but never used them yet, you have inspired me to get them out!!

Jo Nevill said...

Wow, such a fantastic card. I love the detail you have put into it.

Thank you for joining us in the Simon Says Challenge this week,

Jo x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, what sweet image and love the flowers.
luv
Debby

Tracey said...

Stunning card, I love all the details :-)

Hope you're having a good weekend.

Hugs
Tracey
x

Calandra said...

This is so pretty. I love the coloring you did on this one. Great job!

Paula said...

What a lovely card the image is so sweet and i love the scene. Thanks for taking part in the CCC Challenge.
Paula xxxx

csroyal said...

Great job with the layering, Dianne. Very nice card!