Friday, February 13, 2009

POOR LITTLE DOG
I have had several inquiries on this card and thought I would post it and answer the questions. The stamp is by Dogs Stamps Plus and they have all kinds of dogs and cat stamps. The sentiments are from a retired Stampin Up set.

The image was colored with Copics and I used Spica pens on the crtuch. I carefully cut the little guy out and popped him up. The background paper the image is on was run through my crimper to give it even more texture. The image and sentiments were both heat embossed.

I used all different types of embellishments which gives it several dimensions.

The corners were punched and then I added stickles for a little added finish.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Dogs Stamps Plus and Stampin Up
Ink: Close to My Heart, Stampin Up and Copics
Paper: Stampin Up and DCWV
Accessories: Clear ep, nestabilities, corner punch, crimper, stickles, sewing machine, twine, brad, eyelets




4 comments:

csroyal said...

Great card! I love that stamp. Are they an angel company?

Dianne said...

Yes, they are. I will be posting this card on Ebay as soon as I get the envelope made.

Kath said...

I am so proud to say that I own SO many of your cards, Dianne! In fact, the nurse angel mending the teddy bear was the card that I gave to John in the hospital when he had a shoulder replacement. The doctors and nurses ALL commented on it.

I have Poor Little Dog and the Mermaid one (I thought it was just ingenious of you using the glass beads like that!) and the one with the turtle, dog, cat is totally my life!

The little boy with the ice cream and dog was sent to CCI - the charity that Dean and Gerda Koontz are involved in and we were talking about how much it looked like a young Dean and Trixie. They LOVED that card!

Lorelie Kim said...

Love all the wonderful layers on this, Di!! Excellent work!